[Villa Torlonia (Frascati, Italy), detail of the cascade or "Teatro delle Acque"]
Villa Torlonia (Frascati, Italy)
[between 1920 and 1930]
1 photographic print : black and white ; 12 x 8 cm.
American Academy in Rome
Collection known as "Lawson Collection".
Part of: Landscape Collection; American Academy in Rome, Photographic Archive.
Stamp with "AAR" on verso .
The building was damaged in the Second World War, the garden survives as a public park.
The fountain "Teatro delle Acque" was designed by Flaminio Ponzio and Carlo Maderno.
Villa Torlonia was formerly known as Villa Ludovisi, and it is also been called Villa Conti.
Lawson was a Fellow in Landscape Architecture, 1923-26, at the American Academy in Rome.
Closed access material (Archive)
Restricted : fragile material ; Access by appointment
Publication restricted (AAR copyright)
Go to URBiS CatalogGo to Library Catalog