[Villa Torlonia (Frascati, Italy), details of the fountains and other decorative elements in the garden]
Lawson, Edward G. (Edward Godfrey), 1884-1968
Villa Torlonia (Frascati, Italy)
[between 1920 and 1930.]
11 photographic prints : black and white ; 12 x 8 cm.
American Academy in Rome
Collection known as "Lawson Collection".
Part of: LandscapeCollection; American Academy in Rome, Photographic Archive.
Stamp with "AAR" and author's name on verso.
The building was damaged during the Second World War, the garden survives as a public garden.
Villa Torlonia it was formerly known as Villa Ludovisi, it has also been called Villa Conti.
Lawson was a Fellow in Landscape Architecture, 1923-26, at the American Academy in Rome.
Closed access material (Archive)
Restricted : fragile material ; Access by appointment
Publication restricted (AAR copyright)
Go to URBiS CatalogGo to Library Catalog