[Villa Campi (Signa, Italy), trees and sculptures of animals dotted in the park]
Lawson, Edward G. (Edward Godfrey), 1884-1968
Villa Bellosguardo (Lastra a Signa, Italy)
ItalyTuscanyLastra a Signa
[between 1920 and 1930]
4 photographic prints : black and white ; 12 x 8 cm.
American Academy in Rome
The Villa is also known as Villa Caruso di Bellosguardo.
Part of: Landscape Collection; American Academy in Rome, Photographic Archive.
Collection known as "Lawson Collection".
Stamp with "AAR" on verso, as postcards.
In the 16th century, abbot Alessandro Pucci had a villa built for himself which represent the mannerist ideal in vogue at the time. In addition to the villa, which was originally completely frescoed inside and out, a garden was also laid out and an extensive park. These grounds were designed by Tribolo. In 1906 the villa was purchased by the Italian tenor Enrico Caruso. Since 1955 the villa, garden, park and farm have been owned by the town of Lastra a Signa.
Lawson was a Fellow in Landscape Architecture, 1923-26, at the American Academy in Rome.
Closed access material (Archive)
Restricted : fragile material ; Access by appointment
Publication restricted (AAR copyright)
Go to Library CatalogGo to URBiS Catalog