[Villa d'Este (Como lake, Italy), detail of wall fountain]
Lawson, Edward G. (Edward Godfrey), 1884-1968
Villa d'Este (Como, Italy)
GardensLandscape gardeningMansionsHistoryPalacesRenaissanceBuildings, structures, etc
[between 1920 and 1930]
1 photographic print : 12 x 8 cm.
American Academy in Rome
Part of: Landscape Architecture Collection (American Academy in Rome).
The Villa d'Este originally Villa del Garovo, is a Renaissance patrician villa and origins as a summer residence for the Cardinal of Como.
Lawson was a Fellow in Landscape Architecture, 1923-26, at the American Academy in Rome.
Closed access material (Archive)
Publication restricted (AAR copyright)
Go to URBiS CatalogGo to Library Catalog